Re: ipvsadm --stats and number representation

Subject: Re: ipvsadm --stats and number representation
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:25:46 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/18/2005 01:42:51
AM:

> Hi again folks,
>
> I've added the '-x --exact' option to the version of ipvsadm that I
> have, which is version 1.19.2.2 (2003/04/11), according to
> the source.
> I'm no C programmer, so it's bound to need a bit of modification.
>
> Anyway, how would I go about submitting my additions to
> the developers for consideration?

send the patch to Horms directly telling him what it does
(so he can integrate it properly). It would help him if you've
patched the man page too.

> Also, I've finished my Nagios plugin to check an LVS
> service.

great

> in the meantime, what
> (if anything) should I post to this list about it (apart from this)?

I'm not a nagios user so people like me reading the HOWTO would need

o where to get/install the latest nagios/lvs plugin (presumably the
nagios site, alternately I can put it in with the patches that I link
from the HOWTO).

o enough info on what it does, how to use it and likely problems, so
that they can tell straightaway if they're likely to be able to
get it running without having to ask questions on the mailing list.

o enough of a blurb about nagios that a non-nagios person could see
whether it's worth their time to learn nagios.

I'll grab your reply and stick it in the next issue of the HOWTO.