Re: Logging LVS + Webmin

To: Hrishikesh Dewan <hrishikesh.dewan@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Logging LVS + Webmin
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:18:32 +0900
On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 07:24:04PM +0530, Hrishikesh Dewan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hve created a LVS-NAT for our webserver and i need to log the
> activities of the LVS. How do i do that. In the LVS how to it is said
> that only
>
> echo 666 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/debug_level
>

> How does it help that? Is there any other way to do that?

LVS is part of the kernel. And as such any logging is done through the kernel.
If LVS was compiled with support for debugging information, then
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/debug_level will exists. If you run

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/debug_level

then it will turn logging off.

If you echo any value greater than 0, it will increase the verbosity
of logging. I believe the useful range of values is from 1 - 12.
That is, once you get to 12, you have as much debugging information
as you will get, and increasing the value won't give you any more.
For a running server, I'd suggest a value of 3 or less.

> Also could some one provide me the web-min module for LVS. It seems
> that in webmin.com, it doesn't seem to be present or the link is not
> working.

Yes, I noticed that too, does anyone have any ideas.
Perhaps the server is just tempoarily down, or perhaps it moved.

--
Horms