Re: Logging LVS + Webmin

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Logging LVS + Webmin
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:11:28 +0100
On Mon 20 Jun 2005 13:55:45 BST , Hrishikesh Dewan <hrishikesh.dewan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am using debian sarge 2.4.27 kernel wherein the LVS is already built
in. I just have to insmod the module to make it work

But as you said, the file debug_level doesn't exist, that means it's
not compiled with the debug mode.

So you have two options:

1. Recompile the kernel with the appropriate debug flag set in .config, or
2. Use a precompiled kernel with the debug flag set, if such a thing exists.

Will the kernel log put in some information.

What, exactly, are you trying to log? The debug logs we're talking about above are (at the higher levels) hugely detailed, far more so than most people would require, and (oddly enough) are best suited for debugging problems with the LVS module code itself than anything else.

If what you want is heartbeat or healthcheck monitoring, there are a number of applications which do this; the most common approaches are (in no particluar order):

1. heartbeat + mon
2. ldirectord
3. keepalived

all of which can do all sorts of clever stuff.

The LVS GUI also seems not to be working.Pl check.

Which GUI are you using?

Graeme