RE: Ipvsadm/ldirectord changes weight automatically?

Subject: RE: Ipvsadm/ldirectord changes weight automatically?
From: "Peter Mueller" <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:35:30 -0700
> I believe the problem is because there were two running
> ldirectord daemons (I changed the settings then restarted
> ldirectord). How could it be possible? It seems when I did
> "service ldirectord restart/stop" it does not really stop.
> Should ldirectord check for existing daemon when starting?

If you look at the source ldirectord has built-in facilities for dealing with
HUP, so that's what I use in my scripts.

Something like:
killall -HUP ldirectord; sleep 15; ipvsadm -L

Maybe the RPM init script should be updated so reload does this?  I have
never used it, so I don't know what it does now.

Regards,