Re: Distributed Filesystem

Subject: Re: Distributed Filesystem
From: Sébastien BRIZE <sebastien.brize@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:58:30 +0200
Hi Josef,

Even mono-master/multi-slave replication works !
Slaves can only be used for SELECT requests, and the master for modifying requests...
SELECTs usually represent 70-80% of SQL requests...

Sebastien

Nigel Hamilton wrote:

i have a problem. I want to loadbalance several webservers. But there is also a MYSQL database. And i want to have the same content in all databases (for example if a user writes a news or something i want to have it in all databases). Of course i could use one MYSQL database for all webservers but i would loose the redundancy. Somebody told me i could do that with Distributed Filesystem. But what exactly is distributed filesystem and how does it work? Or is there any other way to keep all databases up to date?

Thanks in advance

Hi Josef,

    Have you considered MySQL replication?

NIge