Re: Directory -> Real Server Latency

Subject: Re: Directory -> Real Server Latency
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:49:26 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Nigel Hamilton wrote:

Hi,

I'm using IP tunnelling to load balance HTTP requests from the director to 44 real servers. The real servers are all in different subnets of an ISP.

I'm seeing 500-800 ms more latency when accessing the web service via the director than going directly to the real servers. Any ideas on why this would be happening?

you're timing individual packets?

these problems are usually routing. There is also the MTU problem with LVS-Tun (in the HOWTO).

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!