Need help with a redirect hack

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Need help with a redirect hack
From: Reid Sutherland <mofino@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:58:28 -0400
This can be considering an iptables tables question, but I would
imagine someone here must have done this before.

I'm using LVS TUN.  My problem is the "real servers" need to make
requests to the cluster themselves.   Obviously this doesn't work
quite right since it ends up hitting the local host rather than the
cluster (since the cluster IP is bound to tunl0).

Could someone drop me a hint as to what they did to solve this issue?

I've tried all sorts of iptables targets (route, redirect, d/snat) in
order to "proxy" the traffic to fake LVS out.  Here's a quick example
of how I see the solution, but cannot get there.

_Director_
VIP: .1
LVS faker IP: .100

_Real Servers_
RIP1: .10
RIP1: .11

I tell the real servers to connect to .100 instead of .1.  Then I
setup some sort of iptables based proxy on .100 and redirect the
traffic back and worth between .100 and .1.  The rest of the system
that needs the cluster simply hits .1.

So has anyone done something this wacky before?  Or can suggest
something else (please don't say LVS NAT, I'm trying to avoid it)?

Thanks,

-reid