Re: Ipvsadm/ldirectord changes weight automatically?

Subject: Re: Ipvsadm/ldirectord changes weight automatically?
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:13:40 +0900
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 02:35:30PM -0700, Peter Mueller wrote:
> > I believe the problem is because there were two running
> > ldirectord daemons (I changed the settings then restarted
> > ldirectord). How could it be possible? It seems when I did
> > "service ldirectord restart/stop" it does not really stop.
> > Should ldirectord check for existing daemon when starting?
>
> If you look at the source ldirectord has built-in facilities for dealing with
> HUP, so that's what I use in my scripts.
>
> Something like:
> killall -HUP ldirectord; sleep 15; ipvsadm -L
>
> Maybe the RPM init script should be updated so reload does this?  I have
> never used it, so I don't know what it does now.

I recently reworked the way that ldirectord starts and stops itself
to achive LSB compliance (after someone nagged me about it).
As a result of this invoking ldirectord reload,
will cause it to restart itself with a -HUP.

If you are using the init script that is supplied with ldirectord,
then calling it with reload, just calls ldirectord with reload.
So the update shuold resolve the problem at hand.

Its in CVS, feel free to use and abuse.

http://www.vergenet.net/linux/ldirectord/

--
Horms