Re: setting up lvs

Subject: Re: setting up lvs
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:01:01 +0900
On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 10:18:33AM +0530, Vijay K wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am planning to set up load balancing.
> I need help from u people since I am just about to start it.
> I have fedora core 2 on my machines.
> 1)To start with I plan to have 1 directot and 2 real servers. Can I do like
> this?
> 2)ultramonkey has a package(2.0.1) for fedora core 1 and it requires a
> kernal rebuild.And ultramonkey 3.0 doesnt have a package for fedora.I am
> planning to use ultramonkey package supplied for fedora core 1.Can i do
> this?If i do this should i go in for a kernal rebulid like i am using fedora
> core 1 even though i am using  fedoracore 2

Ok, to elaborate slightly. The reason that Ultra Monkey 3 doesn't
have a special kernel, is because of the way it is convigured,
not, for the most part, because of its packages. So the old 2.0.1
packages should work fine without the updated kernel - though they
are _old_ . Just remember if you see anything that talks about
hiding interfaces, then you should skip over to the Ultra Monkey 3
documentation and read up on arp_ignore and arp announce.

> 3)Also all teh packages seem to be for directot machine ..should resl
> servers be loaded with something.If so can u please direct me to that
> (I have configured ha with two machines successfully..now i awant a load
> balance setp)

You should not need any special packages on your real-servers
if either your are using LVS-NAT or the are running an recent
kernel (like the one that comes with fc4).

--
Horms