Re: Please confirm or debunk my suspicions (LVS DR)

Subject: Re: Please confirm or debunk my suspicions (LVS DR)
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:21:21 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Jacob Coby wrote:

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Jacob Coby wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. However, one lvs director should be able to handle load balancing/fallover for both sites, if they have unique ip addrs.

apache recognises site names. You don't need different IPs

right, if using name based virtual hosting.

was thinking about this. The director load balances on the
IP not the name, so requests for both sites will be balanced
as one. I expect both sites will be balanced, but it isn't
quite what I thought I was saying.

he seemed to indicate that he needed to isolate websites by clients,

I didn't understand what that meant.

which lvs can't do with named based virtual hosting, since that requires looking at the HTTP request.

OK

the original email was a little light on details, so it's difficult to really know what he's trying to do.

in which case we'll hear from him again

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!