Re: LVS-NAT: realserver as client (Graeme Fowler Solution)

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT: realserver as client (Graeme Fowler Solution)
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:46:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Rob Wilson wrote:

Hello,

We have an LVS server for testing which is handling 2 VIPs through LVS-NAT
(using keepalived). Each of the VIPs currently points to 1 real server. Both
real-servers are on the same internal network.

VIP1 -> Realserver1
VIP2 -> Realserver2

We'd now like Realserver2 to be able to connect to Realserver1 via VIP1.

I was able to accomplish this following the solution provided by Graeme
Fowler:
http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2005-March/013517.html

However, external connections to VIP1 no longer work while that solution is
in place. Dropping the lo:0 interface assigned to VIP1 on Realserver1 fixes
this, but then breaks Realserver2 from connecting.

realservers don't have the VIP in LVS-NAT and they don't use lo. Are you sure this is setup right?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!