Re: change "real-servers" ip

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: change "real-servers" ip
From: Dan Trainor <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:15:26 -0600
Horms wrote:

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:19:38AM -0600, Dan Trainor wrote:
Horms wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:30:39PM +0900, sipieter nicolas wrote:

hi there,
i need to change manualy my backends ip , time to time,

basicaly i would like to do something like:

ipvsadm -E 192.168.0.2 ---> 192.168.0.5

change the backend ip manually.. is it possible?
or i need to delete it first then add a new one ?
how could this be done ?
As discussed on IRC, you want ipvsadm -e to change the real servers.
ipvsadm -E changes the virtual service.

Sorry for stealing the thread, and all indications indicate freenode's
#linux-ha, but I've idled in there for like a week and I haven't seen a
single person talk.

I've done a bit of research trying to find out where you folks live in
IRC.  Are we just meeting on freenode's #linux-ha?

We don't meet on IRC, we chat on this list.

I'm on #linux-ha, becasue I'm involved in that project.
Sometimes LVS questions pop up, and I answer them.
But to be honest, I'd rather use the list.

Works for me.

Thanks!
-dant