Re: lvs for special application

Subject: Re: lvs for special application
From: Andrés Cañada <acanada@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:14:33 +0100
El Miércoles, 14 de Diciembre de 2005 18:00, Purcocks, Graham escribió:
> I think he's trying to say he feels it's a web server problem not a load
> balance problem. Surely what you want is a simple web redirect.
>
> What's more confusing is //ipApplication is a URL so it would go to that
> machine. So basically I don't think you are asking quite the correct
> question.

Thank you for your answers.
In fact "//ipApplication" is confusing. With "//ipApplication" I meant the
virtual ip that is used for clients to access to cluster.
But there's something that I'm loosing. Director nodes (meaning the nodes that
balances requests from clients) don't use apache for anything (in my case at
least). It just distribute the requests using RoundRobin, weightedRoundRobin,
LeastConnection..., etc.
Once the cluster node gets the request it looks to apache configuration and
whatever to serve this request.
So when a Director node receives a request for a special web application that
is only in one cluster node (for example node35) there should be something
inside it that send that request to a "special node" (not the next one if
it's using round robin, but the node35).
Sorry by this stupid annoying question.
Sure you answered me above.

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en su caso los ficheros
adjuntos, pueden contener información protegida para el uso exclusivo de su
destinatario. Se prohíbe la distribución, reproducción o cualquier otro tipo de
transmisión por parte de otra persona que no sea el destinatario. Si usted