Re: Which failover technique?

Subject: Re: Which failover technique?
From: Matt Chan <engineuity@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:01:28 -0500
On 1/23/06, Matt Chan <engineuity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>    I am using an lvs-tun on a debian system. Im attempting to setup
> director/server failover in a "fixed arp" situation. I have installed
> keepalived for healthchecking/failover,  but it doesnt seem to be working.
> Is this a valid method for an lvs-tun, or only for NAT-ting?

Sorry, to add, keepalived DOES work, it is the connection between the
director and the nodes that I guess doesnt. Keepalived sent me an email
saying that the connection to the node was down and proceeded to pull it out
of the queue. Ill change my question to How do I get my director to converse
with my nodes without adding another nic/occupy another ip?

-Matt Chan