Re: problems adding a new real server

Subject: Re: problems adding a new real server
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:17:30 +0100
As u can tell , i am not a network guy.
203 and 204 are identical hardware( 2yrs old) and 159 is brandnew hw

Ok.

yes i have configured it for LVS_DR

But you route over private networks.

66.208.187.240 is the outgoing ip for the third box.

Maybe you should switch to LVS_NAT. No arp issues, and no need for public IP addresses on top of your private ones on the RS.

so how i have it set up is , the incoming ip is 10 and then each of my
real servers have their own public ips. And my C Class is setup in two
<128 and > 128 and that is how we get around the arp problem

This is not how you work around the arp problem, unless you disable ip_forward and set the arp announce correctly. If it worked before, I'd be heavily surprised. Linux is a weak-based host router, which means, each interface can and also will send arp probes for all networks configured in its scope; which btw has pissed off a lot of people in the past coming from other OS.

it has been working great , but just seem to be struggling getting
this 3rd real server going

I'm extremely busy the next couple of days, so I have to refer you to the capable hands and minds of my collegues on this list.

Thanks for you understanding,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc