Re: temporarily removing a server from rotation

Subject: Re: temporarily removing a server from rotation
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:10:29 +0000
On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 15:48 -0500, Jacob Smullyan wrote:
<snip>
> But all these are workarounds; what I really want is to tell the
> director (or keepalived), "retain all configuration, but temporarily
> drop this realserver until I remove the block".  Is there a way to do
> that?

On the director(s), assuming you use eth0 as the interface forwarding
the packets to the realservers...

iptables -I OUTPUT -o eth0 -s $VIP -d $RIP -j REJECT

That'll stop keepalived doing any healthchecks whatsoever on the
realserver you need to work on. Simply replace -I with -D when you're
done.

The same thing can be achieved by "null" routing the RIP on the director
too, but I'll leave that as an exercise :)

Graeme