Re: Unable to forward packets

Subject: Re: Unable to forward packets
From: "Bill Omer" <bill.omer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:35:08 -0800
> read the packet flow diagram in the HOWTO for LVS-DR. The
> reply packet from the realserver is VIP->CIP. It comes from
> lo and after looking up the realserver's routing table, the
> realserver sends it via the RIP to the default gw, which
> can be anything except the director.

Aww, that's the part that I missed this morning.

So on the RIP, I did the following to let its lo:0 have the same ip as the VIP

ifconfig  lo:0 lvs-101 netmask 255.255.255.255 broadcast lvs-101

This gave lo:0 the same ip as the VIP.  Now instead of getting a
'Connection timed out', I'm right back to 'No route to host'