IPVS & SNAT

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IPVS & SNAT
From: "Abdalla N. A. A." <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 21:01:02 +0200
Hi all.

I have a IPVS (from 2.4.29 kernel, as module) configured for NAT mode. All works fine, but I need to set gw address on real servers to point to IPVS host.

I'd like to use SNAT rule on IPVS host to set source address for packets, going to real servers. It must be ip address of outgoing if, for real servers to reply correctly.

As far as I know, IPVS core doesn't return NAT packets back to iptables for further processing. So, I can't handle them in nat-POSTROUTE table.

I've tried NFCT patch (which is said to work with SNAT-reroute), but with no luck. nat/POSTROUTE table is simply ignored.

Then, I've digged into ip_vs_core.c. There are some functions, which handle NAT -output packets & return NF_STOLEN to iptables. I've tried to comment the code that sends packets directly & returned NF_ACCEPT. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!