Re: persistency help (keepalived)

Subject: Re: persistency help (keepalived)
From: Alex <alshu@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:57:49 +0200
   We have three level configuration with reservation of components on each
level.
   This is common scheme for our configuration (LVS-NAT):

 Clients -> 2-LB for WebSrv -> 2-WebSrv -> 2-LB for AppSrv -> 2-AppSrv ->
2-DBSrv -> SAN
            ---------------                ---------------
              VIP-1 & DG-1                   VIP-2 & DG-2

   But we cut two seconds LBs and assign its function on firsts LBs.
Now two LBs serve VIP not only for external clients but for
internal servers also. One LB (from this two) is MASTER for VIP-1 and DG-1
and BACKUP for VIP-2 and DG-2. Another LB vise versa is MASTER for VIP-2 and
DG-2
and BACKUP for VIP-1 and DG-1. I try to draw it on this scheme:

 Clients ->     2-LB for    -> 2-WebSrv
            WebSrv & AppSrv <-
                            -> 2-AppSrv -> 2-DBSrv -> SAN
            ---------------
             VIP-1 & VIP-2
              DG-1 & DG-2

Load Balancers
--------------------------
  static IPs
  ----------
   LB-1  - 192.168.34.3
   LB-2  - 192.168.34.4

  dynamic (virtual) IPs (Keepalived)
  ----------------------------------
   VIP-1 - 192.168.34.103  (WebSrv Virtual IP)
   VIP-2 - 192.168.34.104  (AppSrv Virtual IP)

   DG-1  - 192.168.35.101    (Default Gateway for WebSrv)
   DG-2  - 192.168.33.101    (Default Gateway for AppSrv)

Web Servers
---------------------------
   WebSrv-1  - 192.168.35.3
   WebSrv-2  - 192.168.35.4