One more NFS/LVS question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: One more NFS/LVS question
From: "Joseph L. Kaiser" <jlkaiser@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:33:12 -0600
Hi,

I have been tasked to mount a read-only NFS mounted software area to 500+ nodes. I wanted to do this with NFS and LVS, but after reading all the howtos with regard to NFS and LVS and reading all the email with regard to this in the archives (twice), it seems clear to me that this doesn't work.

However, I have a boss, and he wanted me to ask if turning off no-attribute caching (noac) would help in the reliability of this service. He has seen with another NFS mounted filesystem that using the "noac" turns off caching and clients that sometimes get "Stale NFS file handle" will reread the file and succeed. So my question is:

1.  Has anyone seen this behavior with "noac"?
2. Does it make sense to try turning off "noac" and testing? Will the filehandle problem still persist and make this just a dumb thing to do?

I would like to apologize to Joseph Mack in advance if this question increases his blood pressure.

Thanks,