Re: persistence & service-disabling

Subject: Re: persistence & service-disabling
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 05:40:32 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Steffen Ziegner wrote:

Hi,

we use lvs&keepalived for balancing persistent connections to three webservers. The problem: when one webserver stops responding, then all the users, which have persistent connections to this machine, doesnt get a new connection to one of the two still working servers. But i can see, that lvs weighted the broken one with 0. In my opinion i would expect, that lvs sends connections at first allways to working realservers,

new connections. Existing connections stay till they time out. Look at the HOWTO for how to kill existing persistent connections. Look for

expire_quiescent_template

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!