Real gets full loa after crash and reinsert.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Real gets full loa after crash and reinsert.
From: "Jan Klopper" <janklopper@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:17:17 +0100
Hi,

I just had one one of my realservers crash, (due to a hardware fault i
assume)

But when i did a reset, and it got back online the director directed all of
the netwerk load to that machine.

Why did this happen?

I had to reboot the director, causing a failover to the other director (and
back) to get the other real-servers back in the trafic pool again.

All servers had a weight of 1, and had about the same number of active and
inactive connections.

A little more info:
Im using direct routing, and this is the output of ipvsadm:

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  elaphe.innerheight.com:www rr
  -> localhost:www                Local   1      3412       37877
  -> situla:www                   Route   1      3384       35947
  -> persica:www                  Route   1      3425       36013
  -> scalaris:www                 Route   1      3483       35756

The server that crashed was scalaris, all other servers got their extra
share of the traffic.

Doing a ipvsadm --zero didn't help, neither did a restart of ipvsadm or
ldirectord

Thanks lots,
--
Vr gr,