Re: Real gets full loa after crash and reinsert.

Subject: Re: Real gets full loa after crash and reinsert.
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:09:06 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Jan Klopper wrote:

Joe,

Im using round robin, (as i posted),

hadn't thought about that with the thundering herd problem.

but the number of ActiveConn and InActConn seems to be the same on both the servers that stayed online, and on the one taking all the hits.

what's the consequence of this in the current problem?

I thought you were getting all new connections to the new realserver (unless I wasn't reading carefully).

I triplechecked , but the other 3 servers didn't get a different weight.

I figured round-robin scheduling (which is all i need , since all nodes are
equal) would never have this "thundering_herd" problem.

I would have thought so too, now that you mention it.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!