Re: LVS-NAT unidentified problem

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT unidentified problem
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:59:10 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Neamtu Dan wrote:

Hello,

I've been trying to build up my first lvs using NAT. I have followed up closely
the instructions from the LVS-Mini-HOW-TO (compile a standard 2.6.15 kernel,
get an adecvate ipvsadm, run the configure script etc), but it just doesn't
work. My configuration is -two NIC two networks- and the diagram looks like
this:

#              | client      |
#              |________|
#           CIP=eth0 192.168.81.20
#                  |
#                  |
#        VIP=eth1:10 192.168.81.10/24

192.168.81.10/32 (usually, I think you can get away with 24 in LVS-NAT - not sure anymore)

I am able to ping from the realservers to the client,

it's been a while now, I don't think you're supposed to be able to do that.

did you get any errors from the scripts as they were setting up? I've always got a working LVS when the scripts exit without errors.

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  192.168.81.10:http rr
  -> 192.168.82.40:http           Masq    2      0          1
  -> 192.168.82.30:http           Masq    1      0          0

try it with telnet. the telnet server on the realserver doesn't shut down the connection like httpd does and you can see InActConn. If there are InActConn then usually the default gw for the realservers is not the DIP.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!