Re: Multiple external interfaces on the director

Subject: Re: Multiple external interfaces on the director
From: Ken Brownfield <krb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:22:52 -0800
I've done a lot of googling and archive searching, so I've seen the general fwmark state tracking described. Reading this, it seems like this patch isn't exactly approved or even obviously available. And the article is from 2002. :)

I'm also not sure why this seems like such a difficult problem. If LVS honored routes, there would be no complicated hacks required. Unless LVS overrides routes, in which case it might be nice to have a switch to turn off that optimization.

I understand that routes are a subset of the problem fixed by the patch, and I can see the value of the patch. But for the basic route case it seems odd for LVS to just dump all outgoing packets to the default gw. I mean, it could cache the routing table instead of just a single gw?

Anyway, thoughts appreciated, including a source for a patch that will apply to a recent ipvs. Or word that it's built-in?

Thanks!
--
Ken.
krb@xxxxxxxxxxx