Re: LVS Project

Subject: Re: LVS Project
From: mike <mike503@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:47:18 -0800
I would use CentOS 4.2, personally. All the benefits of RHEL without the
cost or Redhatisms.

I run a Primary/Secondary director (which also serve as my Primary/Secondary
DRBD+NFSv4 servers) that export NFSv4 to 6 servers, and load balance web
traffic to 4 servers. Seems to be working fine - with quite minimal work,
once I worked out all the configuration steps.

I use heartbeat+ldirectord, works great. Redhat's Piranha is basically just
their own proprietary way of running all the LVS programs. I was using it,
but it didn't seem to want to support what I wanted to do properly (mainly
the DRBD mirroring and failover of NFS on the same machines as the LVS
directors)

I'd be more than happy to share my configuration. The NFS failover is not
100% "clean" but it does work with minimal downtime (maybe a minute or so) -
I don't know enough about the failover mechanisms and/or just NFS in general
to know which services I can kill or restart properly in which order to
report no errors/make NFS happy as it can be. I still get a few odd errors,
but I issue "restart" commands to the services a couple times and it seems
to work itself out...