RE: Cluster Help

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Cluster Help
From: "Rob L" <wmrwl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:28:55 -0500
What are you using for your physical hearbeat paths? Are you only using a single path (the second eth card)?

Can you ping both eth cards?

From: Subhankar Sengupta <subhankar_sngpt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cluster Help
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:26:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello Gurus,
I need to install linux cluster for my lab. I am using HP proliant DL 380 G4 servers( 2 nodes) it has a shared storage which is connected via external SCSI ports.
  Both the servers has two NIC.
Let me tell you what I have done, I have connected eth0 of server A(Active) with eth0 of server P(Passive) directly using a cross cable, but I have not assigned any IP address to them. eth1 of Server A and P is connected to a HUB. I have assigned 192.168.0.1 and
  192.168.0.2 to them.
Now I have installed Hearbeat software and dependencies. Then I have configured
  authkeys,ha.cf and ha resources.

  This is exactly how my haresources file looks like.
  /etc/ha.d/haresources
active.lab.com 192.168.0.10 Filesystem::/dev/sda1:/var/ftp/pub::ext3 vsftpd httpd
                         Floating IP
At the end I have started heartbeats but I HA is not working, I am using RHEL4(ES).
  Please help me to build this.

  Regards,
  Sen.
  (FOSS shall overcome)