Clustering Confusion

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Clustering Confusion
From: Subhankar Sengupta <subhankar_sngpt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 22:26:29 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
  I am sending you the diagram which I am going to implement.

                                    Client 1 (192.168.1.2)
  ________________________|____________________________ Hub/Switch

               |            { FLOATING IP:192.168.1.5}               |

            eh1 of active(192.168.1.3)                            eth1 of
passive (192.168.1.4)
  _______|_____________________
______|___________________
  |active.example.com                    |                        |
passive.example.com         |
  |                                                 |                        |

  |                                                 |                        |

  |                                                 |                        |

  |____________________________|
|_________________________|
  eth0 of active (10.0.0.1)--------------------------------------------eth0 of
passive(10.0.0.2)

  eh0 of active and eth0 of passive are directly connected using a crossover
cable,
  and I will give them 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 IP.(Do I have to assign them a
netmask
  and a default gateway too? because when I do "netconfig eth0" it asks for
them?)

  I have assigned the Floating IP only in haresources file and the floating IP
is 192.168.1.5. (One confusion remains Floating IP will be in the range of
  192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x???)
  I am using a shared storage. This is how my haresources file looks like,
  active.example.com 192.168.1.5 Filesystem::/dev/sda1:/var/ftp/pub::ext3 vsftpd
  Plese guide me.
  Thanks, regards,
  Subho

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low, low
rates.