Re: keepalived handling 2 VIPs [solved -> maybe parse error?]

Subject: Re: keepalived handling 2 VIPs [solved -> maybe parse error?]
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:02:18 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Dominik Klein wrote:

I remembered I had done a thing like this before so I checked the config file. The only difference I found was the vrrp_sync_group section being written slightly different: (see below)

so you have two directors, each with a VIP (say VIP1, VIP2) and forwarding its virtual service(s). On failover, what happens? One machine winds up with both VIPs? and then when the machine comes up again, the VIP migrates back so that each machine has a single VIP again?

If so can you post the working config file and an explanation for how it works and I'll put it in the HOWTO

Thanks Joe

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!