keepalived handling 2 VIPs

Subject: keepalived handling 2 VIPs
From: Dominik Klein <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:11:20 +0200
Hello list

I'd like to configure the following scenario:

Master and Backup Director with 2 VIPs. VIP1 with MASTER state on Director1 (D1), VIP2 with MASTER state on Director2 (D2). So that in "OK"-state, traffic goes through to different hosts and only both VIPs are on one host in case of an error.

So when I start keepalived on D1, it only brings up the second VIP, but not the first one. And it only sends VRRP adverts for that virtual_router_id. When I start keepalived on D2, it takes over VIP2, as D2 is the MASTER for VIP2.
VIP1 is on neither D1 or D2.

Any ideas? Is this something, keepalived is not designed for or is it a bug?
I am using keepalived 1.1.11 but from the release notes I did not see that 1.1.12 would fix this

This is my keepalived.conf on D2.
Dr2 has the same config with prio and state changed in both vrrp_instances.

cat keepalived.conf
! Configuration File for keepalived

global_defs {
   notification_email { dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx }