Re: keepalived handling 2 VIPs

Subject: Re: keepalived handling 2 VIPs
From: Alexandre Cassen <acassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:04:52 +0200
Le lundi 24 avril 2006 à 09:55 -0700, Joseph Mack NA3T a écrit :
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Dominik Klein wrote:
>
> > Hello list
> >
> > I'd like to configure the following scenario:
> >
> > Master and Backup Director with 2 VIPs. VIP1 with MASTER state on Director1
> > (D1), VIP2 with MASTER state on Director2 (D2).
> > So that in "OK"-state, traffic goes through to different hosts and only
> > both
> > VIPs are on one host in case of an error.
>
> I think with vrrp you can only have one machine active

? you can have 2 VRRP VIPs active on different routers... then you have
a VRRP configuration with 2 instances. On Director1 one instance with
VIP1 in a MASTER state one isntance for VIP2 in a BACKUP state. =>
symetry for Director2. both instances on the same interface with a
different router_id.

Best regards,
Alexandre