Re: ipvs and source nat

Subject: Re: ipvs and source nat
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:00:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Dan McCormick wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to use ipvs with source NAT and am not having much luck.

Horms is working on patches to make it work out of the box. Untill then the best info we have is at

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#brownfield

and

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#lvs_nat_problems

sounds like that isn't what you're doing though.

In my case, my real servers can't use the director as the default gateway,

why not?

can you use the DIP as the next hop for packets from RIP:80?

so I'd like the director to rewrite packets to the real servers with the director's local IP as the source address.

you'll have your work cut out for you. Tell us why packets from RIP:80 can't be sent to the DIP and we'll see if we can't figure out another solution first