Re: ipvs and source nat

Subject: Re: ipvs and source nat
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 17:30:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Dan McCormick wrote:

Because my grand plan is to migrate a web site that's already running on
a separate director from one set of IPs to another.

are you migrating the VIPs or the RIPs?

I'd like the web
site to be able to respond on both sets of IPs, change the DNS to point
to the new set, and not have to worry if the old IPs get cached for days
or weeks.  The old IP range is on a 100MBps connection, and the new one
is gigabit, and my ISP won't let me comingle them on a single switch.
On top of that, all my existing director machines only have two NICs, so
I can't plug the old external network, the new external network, and the
local network into a single machine.

I can help you think about this if you like. I don't know what you;re doing though.

What is the network digram (VIP,DIP, RIP) of the current/future setup, which machines/IPs do you want transferred? You must have both the old and new operating simultaneously?