Re: Problem with two boxes LVS

To: Dirk.Umlauffd@xxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem with two boxes LVS
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:37:59 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Dirk Umlauffd wrote:

Hello,

I've set up an LVS for a redundant DNS service on two redhat boxes:

OK so you have two boxes which serve as two directors and two realservers.

How about you set both realservers to the same weight untill you get it to work.

VIP: 10.0.0.20
RIP's: .21 and .22 on the same network as the VIP.
Everything works fine, exept if the named on the "master" (.20) fails, then I
recieve the answers from 10.0.0.22 instead of 10.0.0.20.

this isn't how it's supposed to work. The VIP should appear on the backup director. Does the swap occur correctly in the reverse direction? (I don't know what's wrong with your setup).