Re: Heartbeat Error

To: Brad Taylor <btaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Heartbeat Error
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:35:56 +0900
On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 10:23:12AM -0400, Brad Taylor wrote:
> The version I have is: # $Id: IPaddr2.in,v 1.12 2006/06/10 17:33:30 alan
> Exp $
>
> Is this a known bugged version?

Sorry, I should have had you look at
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/IPaddr2,
which is where the meat of the code is.

> If so can I update it with yum or
> up2date and if so how? Thanks for your help.

That depends entirely on how you installed it in the first place.

There are RPM, debian and other packages of heartbeat avaialable
from linux-ha.org. Your distribution may also have packages available.

If your version of heartbeat is fairly recent you might be able to
just drop in a fresh version of
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/IPaddr2 from Mecurial.

hg clone http://hg.linux-ha.org/dev
cd dev
./ConfigureMe bootstrap

Then just manually drop ./resources/OCF/IPaddr2 into
/etc/ha.d/resource.d/IPaddr2, and ./resources/heartbeat/IPaddr2 into
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/IPaddr2 (after backing up the original
copies).

But it might be better to try and track down just what the problem is
first. As IPaddr2 is a shell script you should be able to run it from
the command line, and trace its behaviour using sh -x (or adding
set -x to the top of the script).

I have to confess I haven't done this since the body of the
script was moved to /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/IPaddr2, but
it should work.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/