Re: new question - iptables on LB and connection limit?

Subject: Re: new question - iptables on LB and connection limit?
From: Larry Ludwig <ludes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 04:32:21 -0800 (PST)
> How did you disable it (only a rmmod of all conntrack related lkml will
be sufficient)?

Sorry for the delay in this response... been out for the past few days.

stopping iptables is how I removed it.

ab  -n 50000 -c 1000 http://67.72.106.71/

>  What are the ipvsadm -L -n and the stats numbers?

with iptables enabled on the LB:

[root@loadb1 ~]# ipvsadm -Ln
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  67.72.106.71:80 wlc
  -> 67.72.106.68:80              Route   5      3493       93
  -> 67.72.106.66:80              Route   5      3483       96

Active connections with the LB enabled seem to "hang around" more and take much
longer to become inactive.

With iptables disabled and the same ab test the active connections match my ab
connurency.  Meaning connections are being made inactive once they  are passed
along.

[root@loadb1 ~]# ipvsadm -Ln
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  67.72.106.71:80 wlc
  -> 67.72.106.68:80              Route   5      524        12137
  -> 67.72.106.66:80              Route   5      456        14222

> What's the kernel version on the director?

2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp CentOS 4.4

> What processor, how much ram on the RS, what kind of NIC?

AMD 170 Dual core 2GB of ram
Broadcom BCM5704C

LB and RS are all the same (for now)

> NAPI enabled?

what is that? How do you check if it is running?

> SMP?

yes

> What kind of HTTP server is running on the RS?

lighthttpd but may go with apache 2

> If it's something with the connection tracking overflow you'll see it in
> your kernel logs.

No message on the LB when this happens.

Sponsored Link

Online degrees - find the right program to advance your career.
Www.nextag.com