Re: Lots of ActiveConn very few InActConn

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Lots of ActiveConn very few InActConn
From: Jaroslav Libák <jarol1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:51:15 +0100 (CET)
>I have LVS set up on a fedora core 5 box and it shows lots of
>ActiveConn (like 2000) and very few InActConn (like 1) and then only for
>a second or so.  This is very differenet from what I am used to seeing.
>The ActiveConn number does go down, but very slowly.
>
>The ActiveConn number has nothing to do with the number of connects, I
>looked at the servers.  I am running under limited load right now and I
>am afraid that this will break under more load.
>
>Has anyone seen anything like this, or have any hints on what it might
>be?
>
>G. Allen Morris III <gam3 at gam3.net>

What kernel version are you using? And what is the lvs configuration? Hash
table size, nat/tun/dr, fwmarks or not, persistence or not, if tun/dr is
director on the return path? IPVS code creates hash table entry for every
<protocol, srcip, srcport, vipip, vipport>.

Have you tested your system for maximum load? If you didn't you can either have
a look at the tests on the lvs or ultramonkey website or at my post "Re:
firewall marks + tunneling + persistence = ERR! state" which is in the archive.

Jaro