Re: Redirection of packets based on source IP address

Subject: Re: Redirection of packets based on source IP address
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:54:45 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, R.Govardhana Reddy wrote:

Thanks for ur reply..
What I meant to ask is... can we redirect packets not based on
port number?
using ipvsadm..
do we need to add service i.e port number ..like..
# ipvsadm -A -t <VIP>:23 -s rr  --> Do we need to specify service?

you can use port 0, but that's quite stone age and allows attacks through services you will never be load balancing.

And one question: How the Director establishes connection
with the real server? Is it based on the Client IP address or
/and port number.

the howto covers this