Re: super slow speeds from director

Subject: Re: super slow speeds from director
From: Matthew <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:47:50 -0600
Hey Graeme,

I'm going to stretch a point here and suggest that this is down to PMTU
discovery and/or your clamping of the MSS on the realservers.

I'm open to any suggestions or theories at this point but I want to remind everyone that this problem is not constant. This problem happened for the first time about 2 weeks ago and lasted for 2 days. All last week was perfectly normal. This time, it started on Monday and today it actually seems worse than Mon/Tues. All through the month of Jan and up until the 14th (ish) of Feb, no problems whatsoever.

What happens if you do some MSS tuning to smaller sizes (or at the very
least, both the same) on both the director *and* realserver's outside
interfaces?

        How do I do that?

From home (4 Mbps cable) I fetch the image at about  10 KB/s
From work (lots of Gbps) I fetch the image at about 282 KB/s