Re: super slow speeds from director

Subject: Re: super slow speeds from director
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:05:32 +0100
    Doesn't seem to matter. I'm Mac OSX at home, WinXP at work.

But only fetching from the office you've mentioned it to be slow.

Not only from our office, but some of our clients (particulary one in Chicago and even another read on this list) have reported this as well.

For me it's fast (140KB/s) for RS and fast (127KB/s) for the VIP. But I don't trust the test too much, it's too simple a calculation with that javascript function.

No TCP/SYN visible in this specific dump compared to the others. You need to start tcpdump before you fetch the page, like you did for the other 3 dumps.

    Hmm. Thought I did.
Could I try from somewhere? Is there an URL to test fetch?

    http://www.omnovia.com/test/speedtest.html

127KB/s

    http://wwwdb1.omnovia.com/test/speedtest.html

140KB/s

I'd like to, but SBC has us on DHCP so I can't dictate my IP.

Maybe you can issue a ticket to them to not give you such IP addresses?

Interestingly enough, I rebooted our DSL modem and we have a new, better, IP.

Excellent, and is the problem still present :)?

I'm off for an extensive nap. Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc