Re: super slow speeds from director FIXED!

Subject: Re: super slow speeds from director FIXED!
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:58:15 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Matthew wrote:

From our hosting provider, thePlanet.com:

After careful analysis of outbound throughput issues with various providers The Planet engineers determined that a gradual route table exhaustion was at the core of an increasing number of issues. It was determined that to repair this issue an emergency reload of the router dsr01.dllstx3 was required. At approximately 2:42pm CST we reloaded this router. There was a brief period of packet loss as the redundant assumed the load and at 2:51pm CST as the router re-converged. By 2:53pm CST all traffic was forwarding normally.

Thanks to all who offered help, most notably Joe, Graeme and Roberto.

thanks for the report of the problem. I'll add it to the "Weird Hardware" section of the HOWTO. Glad you're up and running again. It's hard to know where to start with a problem when you can't have control of every part of the system. Let us know if you have any more problems