RE: Netfilter connection tracking support for IPVS

To: "'Julian Anastasov'" <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Netfilter connection tracking support for IPVS
From: "Nicklas Bondesson" <nicklas.bondesson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:02:51 +0100
>       Is the SNAT rule working without NFCT patch?
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>

No, this is why got my hands on the patch in the first place.

I have scenarios like this:

Request:
CLIENT -> VIP[with_public_ip_1] -> A_REAL_SERVER[private_ip_1]

Response:
A_REAL_SERVER[private_ip_1] -> VIP[with_public_ip_1] -> CLIENT

---

Request:
CLIENT -> VIP[with_public_ip_2] -> A_REAL_SERVER[private_ip_2]

Response:
A_REAL_SERVER[private_ip_2] -> VIP[with_public_ip_2] -> CLIENT

I'm not sure if i'm beeing clear here, but in simple words: the same public
ip address that the client uses to connect to the LVS should be used as
source ip in the response to the client.

I have multiple public ip addresses that i need to source nat.

The firewall is on the same box as the director.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Nicklas