Re: [Ultra Monkey director doesn't accept connection]

Subject: Re: [Ultra Monkey director doesn't accept connection]
From: Maverik <mllmartinez@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:37:55 +0800
I am not implementing HA, just the LVS. And this is where I am stuck! I
followed the instructions on the UM site to no avail.

I configurred the syslogd to record the ldirector log to
/var/log/ldirectord.log. It did only once and reflected a status 2, error in
configuration. I tried to check again the ldirectord.cf and restarted the
daemon, this time no indication of errors on the /var/log/ldirectord.log and
/var/log/messages. The daemon started okay.

When I do nmap on the virtual IP, there's no available service for HTTP. Is
this normal?

Thanks.

On 4/20/07, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Maverik wrote:

> After several tests, the director doesn't route requests coming from the
> virtual IP to the nodes. tcpdump is not taking any packets from the
virtual
> address on port 80. the director doesn't reroute traffic to the loopback
> address when connection to the nodes fails (as per fallback parameter
would
> instruct).

Ultramonkey is a big package. I would be surprised if you
could install it from scratch and get it to work without
extensive checking on the way.

First get the LVS part to work, and then get the HA part to
work