Re: load balancing using keepalived

Subject: Re: load balancing using keepalived
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 05:26:37 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 21 May 2007, Gerry Reno wrote:

I'm a new LVS user.  I posted a shorter version over on the keepalived-devel
list but there doesn't seem to be much traffic over there

yes it's a problem

I've got a basic two realserver configuration running.

you're showing a single realserver with the director running in local node. It is a two realserver configuration, but it's not the basic configuration.

I setup the config to balance port 22 SSH connections between the two realservers equally weighted. The problem is that I'm not seeing any load balancing occurring. All the SSH connections are going to the first realserver.

below you show it all going to the 2nd realserver.

I'm using 'rr' scheduling. I've looked through the forum and google and I see other entries with similar situation of no load balancing occurring. Can this be fixed? I was expecting that the connections would alternate between the two realservers when using the 'rr' scheduler.

I would have thought so too.

Also, does it ever balance at any time or load level?

each connection. so consecutive connections should alternate realservers.

I am not using any persistence (at least that I know of).

you aren't

Here is ipvsadm:
# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP 192.168.1.215:ssh rr
-> 192.168.1.26:ssh Masq 1 0 1
-> 192.168.1.25:ssh Local 1 3 0
#