Re: load balancing using keepalived

Subject: Re: load balancing using keepalived
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:37:12 -0400
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
don't know what the problem is. It's unlikely to be a bug or other people would be complaining about it too.

Can you try with two external realservers, rather than one external and one localnode?

Joe

Ok, I tried switching the IP's for the realservers to two other machines on my LAN. I can ssh into these without problem. But now when I restart keepalived and try to ssh from any non-director-master clients to the VIP it just hangs. No info in any log, nothing. If I try to ssh to the VIP from the director-master it logs me into the director-master itself instead of one of the realservers. Very strange.

Here is ipvsadm:
# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP 192.168.1.215:ssh rr
-> 192.168.1.41:ssh Masq 100 0 1
-> 192.168.1.40:ssh Masq 100 0 0

Gerry