Re: load balancing using keepalived

Subject: Re: load balancing using keepalived
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 13:35:01 -0400
Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:
Hy Gerry!

Gerry Reno schrieb:
Ok, I tried switching the IP's for the realservers to two other machines on my LAN. I can ssh into these without problem. But now when I restart keepalived and try to ssh from any non-director-master clients to the VIP it just hangs. No info in any log, nothing. If I try to ssh to the VIP from the director-master it logs me into the director-master itself instead of one of the realservers. Very strange.
Do you have a sshd running on Port 22 on the 192.168.1.215? This may be the problem.

Regards

Volker

Hi Volker,
Good to hear from you. No, 192.168.1.215 is the virtual ip for the SSH service. sshd is running on all machines in my LAN. I can ssh into any machine from any client on the LAN. BTW, as soon as I get keepalived running as needed I'll be starting on using ipvsman to control it.

Gerry