Re: [lvs-users] LVS-DR Director doesn't rewrite MAC nor send to RIP when

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-DR Director doesn't rewrite MAC nor send to RIP when CIP is not local to subnet
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:32:30 +0100
On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 11:11 -0700, Jessie wrote:
> We are seeing a case where our directors are not rewriting the MAC
> address when the client IP is not within the same subnet as the VIP.

In that case I'd surmise that the realservers have not been sorted from
the point of view of "the ARP problem".

As you mention using a sniffer on a mirror port from a switch, I don't
think the director is *seeing* the packets - they're going to the
realserver(s) directly, at least some of the time.

The fact that you're using Windows realservers, however, means this is
unlikely. Can you run tcpdump directly on your director when connections
are coming in, and see what that tells you? Better to do it there than
on an L2 device doing mirroring.

Graeme