Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT dropping connection occasionally at random

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT dropping connection occasionally at random
From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:08:05 +0200
Hi!

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Jesse Cantara wrote:
> Just a followup: it is definitely a driver issue. The tg3 broadcom
> kernel module doesn't seem to work properly at gigabit speeds. 100 mbit
> works fine (which is OK in this situation).

Then I'd look into the matter more closely. We use about 1k
machines with tg3 chips, some 500 of them in farms using GE links
and have had no hiccups whatsoever (beyond the usual amount of
simply broken hardware which was replaced). CErtainly no
systemativ error.

Regards,
Tobias

PS: Don't forget that your switching infrastructure might be at
fault, too.

--
In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes.