[lvs-users] keepalived: ipvsadm connection listings

Subject: [lvs-users] keepalived: ipvsadm connection listings
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:28:26 -0400
An observation:
There is a definite disparity between the connections shown on the
MASTER and on the BACKUP. Today I was testing recovery scenarios and
rebooting the directors. What I found was that many times when I would
reboot a MASTER that had active connections, even though the BACKUP
transitioned into the MASTER role and all the clients were perfectly
happy and still working, there would be no (zero) active connections
shown on the remaining director (former BACKUP now MASTER). We would let
it sit in this configuration for a long time and for any client, nothing
would show in the ipvsadm connection list. So I don't know what to make
of that. Is it by design or a limitation, or perhaps a bug?

Gerry