Re: [lvs-users] keepalived

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] keepalived
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:15:22 +0100
On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 15:50 -0700, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> I'm not a keepalived person, but since we haven't been
> getting a lot of replies from Alexandre (or Horm for
> ldirectord), I'm going to have a go at it (everyone else
> feel free to step in).

OK... oh, I did already :)

> I seem to remember that keepalived sends the signals that a
> machine is up or down, but you have to write the scripts to
> take it out of service of bring it back into service. Do you
> have a script that brings the server/service back
> on-line/adds it to ipvsadm?

That hasn't been the case since I first used keepalived back in 2003 -
the healthcheck code is pretty good, if the config is right, and feeds
directly into the LVS management part. Server stops responding, it goes
out of the pool. Starts again, back it comes. No additional scripting
required!

Graeme